- 1 WBCS Syllabus Pdf PDF Download 2021
- 2 Download WBCS Syllabus Pdf
- 3 WBCS Prelims Syllabus 2021
- 4 Scheme of the Main Examination
- 5 Eligibility Criteria Details for WBCS
- 6 WBPSC Civil Services Mains Exam consists of 8 Papers.
- 7 Tips for preparation of written examination
- 8 Conclusion
WBCS Syllabus Pdf PDF Download 2021
WBCS Syllabus Pdf Download 2021 : West Bengal Public Service Commission is expected to commence the recruitment operation for WBCS (Executive) and Other Courtesies by November this year.
Exams might start from January – February in 2021. Nominees can apply online for various centres under four levels – Group A, B, C, and D.
Graduates from any profession can apply for any of these columns. To begin preparing for the WBCS exam 2021, it is crucial to know the exam structure and the syllabus foremost.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on written examination and personality tests.
The prior test will consist of two phases – Preliminary and Mains examinations. On entitling for the Preliminary round, nominees will be authorized to appear for the Mains exam.
Both of these exams will be paper-based tests, in the offline method.
In Prelims, problems will be objective in dispositionition of 200 marks, to be conducted in 2 ½ hours.
For the Mains exam, there is an aggregate of six mandatory papers and two papers on an optional subject; the time given for each paper will be 3 hours.
- Questions may be none partisan or none objective.
- The nominees will get a deduction if they put false answers.
- Candidates coming off for Group A & B will have to appear for six mandatory papers and two optional papers in Mains.
- For Group C & D, shortlisted competitors will have to give only six mandatory papers in Mains.
- Marks allocated for the Interview will range from 200 for numerous groups.
Download WBCS Syllabus Pdf
WBCS Prelims Syllabus 2021
WBCS Prelims Syllabus 2020 consists of various subjects like English, general science, history, the geography of India, Indian polity and economy, and general mental ability.
The topics to be wrapped in each subject are spoken of below.
- Idioms and Phrases
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Same words assuming more than one implication
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc General Science Syllabus:
- General gratitude and knowledge of science
- Matters of daily observation
- Understanding as may be anticipated of a well-educated person History Syllabus:
- Priority will be on broad general insights of the subject in its social, economic, and political aspects
Geography of India
- Physical, Social, and Economic Geography of the nation
- Main characteristics of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with particular reference to West Bengal
Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement:
Nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence,
- Growth of Nationalism
- Attainment of Independence
- Political System,
- Panchayati Raj,
- Community Development and Planning in India
General Mental Ability
Logical awareness, understanding, and natural conclusion
Scheme of the Main Examination
The Main Examination shall consist of six mandatory papers and one discretionary subject consisting of two papers (Only for competitors applying for group A and/or B) to be selected by the nominees from the list of elective subjects given below.
There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
Out of six compulsory papers, four papers i.e.
- General Studies- I,
- General Studies- II,
- The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and
- Arithmetic and Test
The reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be responded to in OMR answer sheets and the remaining two compulsory papers i.e.
Paper – I and Paper – II will be of formal type written examination.
Compulsory Papers: Six mandatory papers are as follows:-
Paper I: Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of
Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to
Paper-II: English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English.
Paper III: General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
Paper IV: General Studies-II: Science and Scientific and Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Paper V: The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India.
Paper VI: Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
The norms of Arithmetic part of Compulsory Paper – VI
(Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning) will be analogous to that of the Compulsory Mathematics paper at the Madhyamik Examination of the Board of Secondary Education, West Bengal.
Test of Reasoning will encompass Rational Reasoning: Data Sufficiency Logical Reasoning :
- Logical Deduction
- Forcefulness of the Arguments
- Implication of verdicts(iv) Inferring from graphs, Series:
- Letter series,
- Number series
Inferring from Data
- Analogy tests
- Symbol Interpretation
- Mathematical puzzles
- Odd man out
- Perception test
- Non-verbal reasoning
- Selecting the correct sequence.
The norm of other compulsory papers will be of the degree of learning expected from a graduate of any profession of a recognized University.
The two papers of the elective subjects will be of a formal type and the standard of the examination will be almost that of an Honours Degree Examination as specified by the recognized Indian Universities except for Law.
Medical Science and Engineering subjects will be determined for the LLB, MBB, S, and BE or equivalent courses respectively recognized by Indian Universities / Institutions.
The Topic ‘Environment’ in paper General Studies II will include the following:Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone
Global Warming Industrial and Environmental Pollution Ozone Layer and related issues.
The Topic ‘Indian Economy including role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India’ of the compulsory paper- V will consist of the following:-
Central State relation and devolution of central funds to the state.
Planning process and objectives of five years plan.
Functions of RBI and Monetary policy
Central Finance Commission and State Finance Commission and Fiscal Policy of Government of India.
Eligibility Criteria Details for WBCS
WBPS Exam age limit, minimum educational qualification required Appearing in WBCS 2020 or near future?
So, you must know the eligibility criteria for WBCS Exams conducted by WBPSC.
Governing body WBPSC or West Bengal Public Service Commission decides the minimum education qualification one must-have for applying in this post.
- Though there is no maximum number of attempts in WBCS exam every candidate should follow the upper age limitation. If you are willing to appear for the WBCS or West Bengal Civil Service Examination etc.
- Then you must know the WBCS Eligibility Criteria 2020 or who can apply in the WBCS exam.
- The WBPSC Civil Service Preliminary Exam will Consist of only one paper.
- In West Bengal PSC Civil Services Executive Prelims Exam, Questions are asked from General Studies.
- It is an Objective type Examination.
- The Papers Consists of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Each question carries one mark.
- The Exam duration is 2½ hours.
The West Bengal PSC Civil Services Main Exam consists of 6 Compulsory papers and 1 optional Subject of 2 papers (Only for Group A & B applied candidates).
WBPSC Civil Services Mains Exam consists of 8 Papers.
Each paper contains 200 questions and carries 200 marks each. The Time duration for each Paper is 3 hours.
Tips for preparation of written examination
All nominees should give ultimate time to their study yearly.
Competitors should make their study time or plan of the day and accordingly start to prepare i.e. make sure to divide your entire time between all related subjects and prepare accordingly daily.
Candidates require the maximum use of flow charts and diagrams to inderstand deeply the concerned topic.
Candidates must regularly practice solving old year examination papers; with this, you will be able to increase your knowledge as well as time accuracy.
Group study is very useful to crack any written examination so we, therefore, advise all concerned contenders to make a group of eligible and suitable friends and study combinedly one or two hours in a day and arise your question before them and explain your answer to others too.
Time breaks are also essential while preparing hard for any written examination so after 2-3 hours of study candidates should take a break of 15-20 minutes for mind freshness.
If you want to download wbcs syllabus pdf, then I have given a link in the middle of the article, you can download it very easily. I hope you liked this article very much.
Read these also
- What is NET exam
- What is SSC exam
- Courses after 12th commerce
- IGNOU diploma courses
- Courses after 12th biology